General Hand – Shire of Wyalkatchem
This position will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and construction work to town streetscapes, parks, gardens, drainage and infrastructure.
Our small works crew aspire to work as part of a team, learning the roles and duties of other team members and helping out in those duties as and when required.
To be successful in this role you will:
▪ Hold and retain a Current Driver’s Licence (Minimum C);
▪ Be able to work autonomously and have good problem solving capabilities;
▪ General Handyman skills will be highly regarded;
▪ Experience with the operation of Skidsteer, Forklift, Tractor, Loader or similar is desirable;
▪ Be physically fit;
▪ Have a strong focus on health and safety;
▪ Be self-motivated, proactive and a team player with a strong work ethic;
▪ Take pride in work and achieve high standards;
▪ First Aid, Traffic Control, Machinery Operation Tickets highly regarded.
Please submit your resume and covering letter to: Craig Harris, PO Box 224,
Wyalkatchem WA 6485 or e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: Friday 19 May 2017 4pm
For a full job description and conditions please contact the Shire office at
firstname.lastname@example.org, any other enquiries should be directed to the Manager of Works on 08 9681 1166.