Wyalkatchem is a community minded town.
Our great community spirit is demonstrated in communiy projects such as:
- The surfacing of the airfield was done with Shire and community labour
- The local paper is staffed by volunteers
- Volunteers constructed and planted the garden in the local hospital
- The Tidy Town wall in Railway Tce was built mainly with voluntary labour
- St John Ambulance, Hospital Auxiliary, Cadets, Cottage Craft are just a few examples of community groups in Wyalkatchem.
There are clubs catering to most interests and sports which is an important part of country living. Find details for these groups HERE.
Australia Day 2016 Wyalkatchem Fair 2016 Wyalkatchem Swap Meet
My Money My Life is created by the Department of Local Governments and Communities and the City of Joondalup and contains lots of help on budgetting and saving with household bills, mobile phones, Tertiary Education fees, buying your first car and much more. Download it here.
The Wheatbelt Family & Children's Services & Support Directory is now available and can be downloaded here.