Your Feedback, please! Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
The Shire of Wyalkatchem is required by State legislation to have a Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP). Such plans are designed to create the same level of opportunity for people living with disability as those who have greater physical, mental or circumstantial capacity. It is the desire of the Shire to create the same opportunity for employment, the same level of access to information and the same level of quality of service for all residents, ratepayers and visitors.
This Shire is currently reviewing its Disability Access and Inclusion Plan and community feedback on efforts made in the last five years or areas for attention that could be improved in the future are welcome. The current plan can be viewed here. Enquiries can be directed to Ms Tegan McCarthy should you need further information. Submissions close Thursday 6 July 2017.
There are seven main plan outcomes to consider:
1. People with a disability have the same opportunities as other people to access the services of and any events organised or sponsored by the Shire;
2. People with disabilities have the same opportunities as other people to access the buildings and other facilities provided by the Shire.;
3. People with disabilities receive information from Council in a format that will enable them to access the information as readily as other people are able to access it;
4. People with disabilities receive the same level and quality of service from Council staff as other people receive from staff and Council;
5. People with disabilities have the same opportunities as other people to make complaints to Council; and,
6. People with disabilities have the same opportunities as other people to participate in any public consultation by Council.
7. People with disability have the same opportunities as other people to obtain and maintain employment with a public authority.
Chief Executive Officer
Public disabled toilets are available at
The Recreation Centre
Railway Terrace Public Toilets
There is disabled access to most businesses/facilities in town including
Wylie News and Gifts
The Community Resource Centre
The Recreation centre
|The popular swimming pool in town-located behind the tennis courts on Grace St, has steps with handrails to make access to the pool easier and safer for seniors and less abled people. The stairs came in time for the 'Seniors only' swimming initiative, from 8.30 am on Thursday mornings. |
For further details contact the Shire on 9681 1166.
For further information call (08) 9681 1166 or look at AccessWA website