An exciting opportunity exists for a General Hand to join our Town Crew
GENERAL HAND/GARDENER Part Time – 25.5 hours per week
This position will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and construction work to town streetscapes, parks, gardens, sporting grounds, drainage and infrastructure.
Our small works crew aspire to work as part of a team, learning the roles and duties of other team members and helping out in those duties as and when required.
To be successful in this role you will:
· Hold and retain a Current Driver’s Licence (Minimum C-class);
· Be able to work autonomously and have good problem solving capabilities;
· Horticulture and general handyman skills will be highly regarded;
· Experience with the operation of a Ride-on Mower, Skidsteer, Forklift, Tractor, Loader or similar is desirable;
· Be physically fit;
· Have a strong focus on health and safety;
· Be self-motivated, proactive and a team player with a strong work ethic;
· Take pride in work and achieve high standards;
· First Aid, Traffic Control, Machinery Operation Tickets highly regarded.
This position is level 4 (Local Government Industry Award 2010) with a salary of up to $33,561 per annum plus allowances, up to 14% superannuation, uniform and other benefits.
Application packages are available on the Shire of Wyalkatchem web page here or by contacting Shire administration on (08) 9681 1166.
Applications close at 12pm Friday 26 October 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
Further information is available from Darryn Watkins at the Shire Office on 9681 1166 or email email@example.com.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
PO Box 224
Wyalkatchem WA 6485
P (08) 9681 1166