Your Council has reviewed the cost of providing services, the need to replace ageing assets now and into the future and what facilities and services are required by residents. Your Council has done this within a risk management framework that is equitable and financially prudent.
This requires a 3.9% increase in total rates revenue to $1,289,113 and a 2.0% increase to fees and charges. Waste service charges won’t increase in the coming year. The Shire’s budget is $2,956,913 with State and Federal grants comprising 47% and rates, fees and charges contributing 51%.
Rates levied to individual property assessments will vary according to advice from the state government’s Valuer General. A minimum rate is applied to some properties to ensure all ratepayers make a reasonable contribution to the cost of local government services. In 2018/19, this will be $495 (gross rental value calculation) or $550 (unimproved farm or mine).
Major features of the year ahead:
Roads expenditure of $1,127,371 Free swimming pool entry for all users; Continued infrastructure support for a general practitioner doctor; Capital expenditure of $1,131,336, including new plant for your roads and town crew; Reserved funds of $2,007,048 toward replacing aged assets and planning for the future; No new debt – a reduction in debt of $56,086(19%).Your Shire is active across community, health, recreation, leisure and culture.
Your Council is working hard to improve value and satisfaction with Shire services to the standard you expect. Your rates contribution ensures this happens and your opinion assists in targeting our effort. The Shire sincerely thanks you for this and encourages your support for community, sports and commerce in this district and region.
Preferred Means of Payment
|Via elctronic Funds Transfer: |
Acc Name: Shire of Wyalkatchem
BSB: 086 977
Acc No: 50838 3313
Ref: Your Assessment Number
|Via telephone using credit card: |
Call the Shire on 08 9681 1166
(During Office hours 9.00am -4.00pm)
|In Person at the Shire: |
Cnr Flint St and Honour Ave, Wyalkatchem,
(Cash, cheque and EFTPOS available)
|Via mail addressed to : |
Shire of Wyalkatchem
PO Box 224
Wyalkatchem WA 6485
(Cheque and money orders accepted)
|Law, Order,Public Safety||118,942|
|Education & Welfare||44,794|
|Recreation & Culture||749,733|
Emergency Services Levy
This levy is a compulsory State Government charge for all property owners. It funds all fire and emergency services and supports our local volunteers. The state government has set the minimum rate on taxable properties at $82. For information about the levy, visit the Department of Fire and Emergency Services website.
Waste collection including recycled waste and tip maintenance is fully funded by these charges.
Domestic/Commercial Bin Charges The annual charge for domestic and commercial bin services is $315 per service, including a weekly collection.
Eligible Pensioner/Senior Discount on waste services is a 30% discount on the full waste collection charge. This is $95 in 2018/19. For eligible pensioners and seniors, the waste collection charge will be $220.
Rural Health Levy is paid by rural properties and the annual charge is $63 per assessment in 2018/19.
External Works Program
Spending a total of $1,494,662 which is comprised of:
- Roads Maintenance $1,127,371
- Town and Garden Maintenance $367,291
Capital Works Program
Spending a total of $1,131,336 with projects including:
- Cunderdin Wyalkatchem Rd SLK 2.00—4.85 (2.85km) — Shoulder widening and primer-sealing- $201,230
- Tammin Wyalkatchem Rd SLK 25.36—28.44 (3.0km) —Shoulder widening and primer-sealing—$134,801
- Cunderdin Wyalkatchem Rd SLK 4.85—7.85 (3.0km) - Shoulder widening and primer-sealing—$104,790
- Gravel sheeting of unsealed roads—$63,194
- Sealing—Martin Rd SLK 12.87-13.05 —$16,065
- Aged Care Services and Accommodation—$10,000
- Recreation Facilities capital expenditure—$25,000
- Capital maintenance of Railway Station and Barracks—$30,000
- New Works Depot—$115,000
- Replace road roller—$170,000
- Replace ride on mower and cylinder mower—$50,546
- Commitment to supporting the medical centre and health services to the community with cash support and administrative overheads of $198,927
- Expenditure on the Swimming Pool for running costs and maintenance of $158,388
- Expenditure on the Recreation Centre in oval maintenance for cricket, hockey and football and building maintenance of $111,550
- Expenditure on the Town Hall and Korrelocking Hall of $101,513
- Expenditure on public parks and gardens of $86,545
The average general rate increase for rural and town site properties in 2018/19 is 3.9%. Your individual increase may vary if there has been a change to your property valuation determined by the State Government's Valuer General.
|Category||Minimum Ratea||Rate in Dollar|
Council Offers a four (4) instalment payment scheme. The following conditions apply:
- All areas and accrued interest must be paid with the first instalment
- An instalment payment fee of $5.00 per instalment (excluding first instalment) plus interest of 5.5% pa will be applied
- If an instalment amount is not paid by the due date than a daily interest charge of 11% pa will accrue until the instalment is paid in full.
1st instalment: Friday 24 August 2018
2nd Instalment: Friday 26 October 2018
3rd Instalment: Friday 11 January 2019
4th Instalment: Friday 15 March 2019
DUE DATES FOR RATES PAYMENTS
A discount of 2.5% (On Rate charges only) will be allowed if all rates and charges are paid in full by 4.00PM FRIDAY 10 AUGUST 2018.
Full payment (after discount date) and first instalment payments are due by 4.00PM FRIDAY 24 AUGUST 2018.
To qualify for rebates, eligible Pensioners/Seniors must pay all Local Government Rates and ESL charges by 30 June 2019.
Under the Local Government Act 1995 interest is charged on over due amounts. Council has set the charge at 11% per annum which will be applied to all amounts outstanding after 35 days from the issue date of the Rate Notice. Penalty interest will accrue daily until all overdue rates and charges are paid in full. Eligible pensioners are exempt from interest charges.
Difficulty Paying your Rates
Should you be experiencing difficulty in paying your rates, contact the Shire as soon as possible to discuss alternative payment arrangements. Rates under a payment arrangement will be charged a $50 administration fee per assessment. For more information, please call the Shire Office on 9681 1166.