NEWS & EVENTS
Racewars April 2015 27
Feb 2015
The annual Racewars event in Wyalkatchem is happening again this year. With 400m, 800m and 1000m...
Read More
Notice Of Council Meetings 2015 13
Jan 2015
Notice of Shire Council Meetings 2015 In Accordance with section 5.25(g) of the Local Government...
Read More
Swimming Pool open for 2014/15 12
Jan 2015
The Wyalkatchem Swimming Pool is now open for the 2014/15 season. Opening times are as follows:...
Read More
Read More
 
picture_108_1.jpg

WELCOME TO WYLIE


Wyalkatchem has many of the advantages of the city, while retaining its special small town feel - a caring community who work with Council to make our town that beaut place with the strange name.Wide spaces, magnificent night skies, no pollution, relaxed atmosphere - come and share with us the joys of living in or visiting Wyalkatchem.

 

Fire Permits/Burning Information
Prohibited Burning Period:
18 October 2014 to 7 February 2015

During this time all burning, including garden refuse, is prohibited during this period.
R
estricted Burning Period: 8 February 2015 to 22 March 2015
Between these dates permits may be required to burn
, please contact the Shire if you are unsure about the regulations.


WATER CORPORATION : IMPORTANT MESSAGE - BUSHFIRE SEASON
The Water Corporation is prepared for bushfire season however we cannot guarantee that water pressure or water supply will be maintained in the event of a bushfire.

  • The Water Corporation will always do all that they can to maintain supply however fire damaged infrastructure or a cut to power can result in a total loss of water.
  • If scheme water is available during a bushfire it is a bonus for property protection efforts, but it is not something that can be relied upon.
  • People who plan to stay and defend their property during a bushfire need to have their own independent water supply and pumping capability, and must not rely on the public water supply.
  • Full details about how to prepare for the bushfire season can be found on the DFES website.

 

Wyalkatchem Fire and Weather 

Fire Rating

Weather Situation

A trough lies near the west coast. Rain and thunderstorms will develop over western districts during Monday from middle level cloud streaming in from the northwest. The surface trough will move through eastern parts of the South West Land Division and Goldfields during Tuesday, with rain extending to central and eastern parts of the South West Land Division and Goldfields before contracting southeast. A new ridge establishes south of the State on Wednesday.

Forecast for the rest of Sunday

Clear. Light winds.

Monday 30 March

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h turning north to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the late morning. Overnight temperatures falling to between 15 and 19 with daytime temperatures reaching 28 to 33.

UV Alert from 9:10 am to 3:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 8 [Very High]